I really really really love avocados. There is just nothing like them. They are creamy. They smell delicious. And of course, they are yummy. Good for you too! Really good for you. My girls are not huge fans of avocado, but they are huge fans of this pudding. And when I saw this recipe for avocado fudge, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. No surprise there. Anything made with avocado has that effect on me.
That avocado fudge recipe calls for dates, which I do not have. I was so eager for some avocado fudge that I thought I could use the healthy chocolate pudding recipe that my girls love and make it into a fudge. It worked!
Oh man, I wish I had some right now. It was so yummy! And it gets my girls eating avocado which makes me double happy.
Chocolate Avocado Fudge
1 very ripe banana
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup melted coconut oil (cannot sub another oil – you need this one to take it from pudding to fudge)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp honey, agave, or maple syrup
2 Tbsp cocoa or cacao
1/2 tsp salt
1. In a food processor, process the banana, avocado, vanilla, and sweetener until smooth.
2. Add coconut oil and process again.
3. Add cocoa and salt and process until mixed throughout.
4. Pour in silicone cupcake pan to 1/2 inch thickness. Or pour into a small shallow baking dish (this does not make a ton so maybe a large loaf pan?).
5. Freeze for an hour or so until solid.
6. Allow fudge to set out for 5-10 minutes to soften a tad before biting into it.
For those of you who do not love banana flavored things (like my husband), I am going to try to make a banana-free version sometime. Hmm…and maybe make it a mint chocolate fudge. Oh yes, I think I will do that!
Shared on: Make Your Own Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Kids in the Kitchen, Hearth and Soul, Tasty Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Allergy Friendly Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Keep it Real Thursday, Tastastic Thursdays, Wellness Weekend, Foodie Friday