I made this soup the other night despite the 90 degree weather we were having. It was a great way to use up some things we had on hand. I love that about soups. Jeff loved this soup even though he doesn’t really care for spinach.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2ish cups potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used Yukon Gold)
- 2 cups spinach – packed, rinsed and torn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a stockpot, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes, potatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
Souper easy and souper yummy! And yes, I am a dork.